Specialist cleaning: Needle Recovery
If you find a needle in a public place, DO NOT PICK IT UP. Call your local council or police (on 101). They should arrange for the removal and disposal of discarded syringes and other drug related items in public places. Do not put yourself at risk by handling discarded needles or drug use equipment,.
Any area that contains hypodermic needles puts people at risk and therefore needs careful, skilled and prompt handling. We provide a professional, discreet needle removal service for Oxfordshire, Warwickshire, Northamptonshire and the surrounding areas. As fully trained and insured members of the National Academy of Crime Scene Cleaners (NACSC) and licensed waste carriers, we:
• Safely dispose of all biohazard waste – we are registered as an upper tier waste carrier with the Environment Agency
• Meticulously clean, disinfect and deodorise the scene
• Follow strict procedures to prevent infection and cross-contamination
Any item that pierces the skin is classed as hazardous waste, and must be treated as such.YOU CANNOT SIMPLY PLACE IT IN THE BIN. If you do and someone is subsequently hurt, you and your business will be held fully liable.
We can arrange for regular collections of used tattoo needles, acupuncture needles, piercing needles and all associated waste. We will provide you with all legal documentation required by your licencing authority, and replace your sharps bin if required.
We can rapidly deal with needle recovery for Councils, Landlords, Businesses & Police Forces where the item is located in a public place
Pro-Clean’s crime scene cleaners handle the toughest situations swiftly and safely – with meticulous attention to detail.
Whether removing needles and drug paraphernalia from derelict buildings or squats, or cleaning contaminated areas following death or injury, we fully comply with stringent health and safety regulations:
• Needle-proof gloves are always worn
• Disposable clothing is discarded safely
• Vaccinations are fully up-to-date
• Insurance and transport certificates carried at all times
• Full paperwork completed and available on site at all times